Shop ETSY!

Monday, October 7, 2013

A major announcement

Sometimes it seems like I only manage to post on this blog when I have a major announcement to make.  This post is no exception!

Announcing:

 

 I'm very excited about this show.  It's going to be a lot of work, but I already have great volunteers, some tentative vendors, and a fantastic business partner.  Today we confirmed our first teacher- Karen Pauli, author of Care & Feeding of Spinning Wheels, is coming to teach a workshop based on her book, and might also teach a drop spindle class for us. Karen received a Laurel in the Society for Creative Anachronism for her work.

My strong right hand is CKay Hinchliffe, who is editor in chief of publications because I can't spell, and keeps prodding me about advertising, without which this beast won't fly. Our first flyers should head out next week, and I really hope the web site will be up and running by Friday. 

Our hostess, Georgia Meyer, is going to be in charge of the money and admissions.  She's a wonderful lady, and I'm really excited to be working with her. Her husband Marcos Gallardo is a sweet, funny man, who will be handling the farm tours (yes you get to interact with the alpacas!) Coping with parking, and coordinating security. 

I hope you can come join us, because this is going to be a wonderful, fantastic, awesome festival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment