Shop ETSY!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

my kitchen last night....

This was the scene in my kitchen last night around midnight.  Kool Aid dyeing is fun, and you can end up with some wonderful saturated colors.  Boo was at his grandma's last night, and Wabbit off to an overnight shift, so I was able to use my kitchen late into the evening.



 This morning, I awoke to tutti frutti scents, and roving with the light coming through it like stained glass.  I was dyeing super fine Merino and soy silk roving.







Some of the soy was dry enough to take down this morning:

Isn't it lovely? I can't wait to spin it up!  I'm going to blend bison with undyed soy silk, and ply it with the rainbow dyed soy singles!

Learn more about dyeing with kool aid at knitty.com

1 comment:

  1. Great pics Char. I'm sure you'll do well at the event this weekend.

    I especially like the pic of the sun coming through the roving.

    ReplyDelete